1. Basic Information
Jingyu YANG, Associate Professor
2. Education Background
Ph.D, Department of Automation, Tsinghua University (THU), 2009
B. Eng, School of Automation, Beijing University of Posts and Telecom. (BUPT), 2003
3. Working Experiences
Sep 2009 – Present: On the faculty of School of Elec. and Inf., Tianjin University
Feb 2011 – Aug 2011: Visiting Researcher, Microsoft Research Asia (MSRA)
4. Main Research Area
His research interests include multimedia processing and transmission, 3D imaging and processing, and computer vision. Particularly, he is interested in exploiting computational 3D imaging as well as image processing using new representation paradigms such as directional transforms and redundant dictionaries under the framework of sparse representation.
Multimedia Processing and Transmission (Fall, Graduate)
Principles of communication (Spring, Undergraduate)
6. Representative academic productions
1. Jingyu Yang, Yao Wang, Wenli Xu, and Qionghai Dai, “Image coding using dual-tree discrete wavelet transform,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 17, no. 9, pp. 1555-1569, Sep. 2008.
2. Jingyu Yang, Yao Wang, Wenli Xu, and Qionghai Dai, “Image and video denoising using adaptive dual-tree discrete wavelet packets,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 642-655, May 2009.
3. Jingyu Yang, Yigang Peng, Wenli Xu, and Qionghai Dai, “Ways to sparse representation: an overview,” Science in China Series F: Information Sciences, vol. 52, no. 4, pp. 695-703, April 2009.
4. Jingyu Yang, Wenli Xu, and Qionghai Dai, “Fast adaptive wavelet packets using interscale prediction of decomposition structures,” Pattern Recognition Letters, vol. 31, no. 11, pp. 1481-1486, 2010.
5. Xiaoyan Luo, Jun Zhang, Jingyu Yang, and Qionghai Dai, "Classification-based image-fusion framework for compressive imaging," Journal of Electronic Imaging, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 033009-1 – 033009-14, 2010.
7. Research Projects
“Scalable video coding using overcomplete wavelets”，Oversea Young Investigator Project of National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC), Investigator, Jan 2006 — Dec 2008
“Real-time acquisition and display of 3D videos”，National High Technology Research and Development Program (863 Program)，Investigator，Jan 2009 — April 2011
“Demo platform of data service for high band communication”， National High Technology Research and Development Program (863 Program)，Investigator，Mar 2009—Dec 2010
“High-dimensional joint sparse representation and coding for multiview videos”，General Program of NSFC, Principle Investigator, Jan 2011 — Dec 2013
“High resolution depth imaging based on compound multi-camera system”, Innovation Foundation at Tianjin University, Principle Investigator, Jan 2010 — Dec 2011
“Key technologies in feature sensing, quality assessment, and display of 3D information”， Key Program of NSFC, Investigator，Jan 2010 — Dec 2013
“Virtual view synthesis and rectification for autostereoscopic display”, Young Faculty Program of NSFC， Investigator，Jan 2011 — Dec 2012
The Second Prize for National Award for Technological Invention，2008.
The Second Prize for Electronics and Information Science and Technology Awards，2007.
The Second Prize for Science and Technology Awards in Guangdong Province，2006.
Excellent Ph. D. Thesis Award at Tsinghua University，2009
Excellent Ph.D Graduate of BUPT，2009.
Outsanding Prize for Fang Chongzhi Scholarship of THU，2008.
The Second Class Scholarship of THU for Integrative Distinction (sponsored by Schneider-electric)，2007
Excellent Graduate of BUPT，2003.
Honorable Mention (The Second Prize) in the International Mathematical Contest in Modeling，2002.
9. Contact Information
Office：Room 514, Building 26
Address：School of Elec. and Info., Tianjin University, Nankai District, Tianjin 300072, China