CHINESE | ENGLISH
 
   
  首页-English-About the School-History
About the School

   History

Department of Electrical Engineering of Peiyang University was founded in 1933. And Shuiben Zhu appointed as the head of the Department. During Anti-Japanese War, the Department moved to Shan’xi province with the university. Xiying Liu held the post of the head of the Department from 1935 to 1951.

In 1951, Department of Electrical Engineering of Peiyang University was combined with Hebei University of Technology to become Department of Electrical Engineering of Tianjin University with Donghao Wang as the department head.

In 1955, the majority of the faculty of the Department headed by Peida Ye moved to Beijing to set up Beijing Institute of Posts and Telecommunications.

In 1958, the Electrical Machinery and Electrical Appliances subject was added into the Department of Electric Power Engineering, the name was changed into Department of Electrical Engineering with Yingu Chen as the head of the Department. Meanwhile, preparations were started for the construction of the subject Radio Technology.

In 1960, the staff of Physics and Math were transferred out from the Department of Electrical Engineering to set up Department of Math and Physics. Some staff were reallocated to Heinan province to establish the Department of Electrical Engineering of Zhengzhou University of Technology. At the same time, Yingu Chen, Baocheng Zan, Rongzhi Chen, Jiasong Liu, Yuhong Wang, Yongshi Wu, Sile Yu, Hua Yan, Zheng Liu, Zhaoji Yu and so on were allocated to set up Department of Radio Engineering and Department of Engineering Physics.

After 1960, the Department of Electrical Engineering and Department of Radio Engineering were operated separately, the individual development are listed as follows:

Department of Electrical Engineering

In 1960, Department of Electrical Engineering was combined with Department of 3rd Mechanical Engineering (major of Internal Combustion Engine) to set up Department of Electric Machinery and Power Engineering (known as the Department of Power Engineering) with Shaoxi Shi as the head of the Department.

In 1970, Department of Electric Power and Automation Engineering was combined with Engineering Thermophysics from Department of Thermal engineering and Geothermy Research and Training Center to establish the School of Electric Automation and Energy Engineering (known as the School of Automation) with Yugeng Sun as the Dean of the School. The School had 6 centers, 3 research offices and 3 departments including Department of Electric Power Engineering, Department of Automation and Department of Thermal Energy and Refrigeration.

In 2002, Department of Thermal engineering and Geothermy Research and Training Center moved out and the name of the School changed as the School of Electrical Engineering and Automation with Chengshan Wang as the Dean of the School. The School included Department of Electrical Engineering and the Department of Automation. Hongjie Jia held the post of the dean from 2010 to 2014.

Department of Radio Engineering

In May of 1960, Department of Radio Engineering was founded with Yingu Chen as the head.

In 1979, Department of Radio Engineering changed its name into Department of Electronic Engineering with Rongzhi Chen as the head. In 1983, the subject Computer Science was transferred out of the Department of Electronic Engineering and became Department of Computer Engineering and Science later.

On November 6 of 1996, Department of Electronic Engineering was combined with Department of Computer Engineering and Science and Network Information Center to set up School of Electronic Information Engineering with Runtao Ding as the Dean.

In 2006, Department of Computer Engineering and Science, Computer Information Network and Teaching Center and IBM Computer New Technology Center were excluded from the School of Electronic Information Engineering to set up School of Computer Science and Technology which worked together with School of Software. From that time to the year of 2016, Chunping Hou and Jianguo Ma became the Dean of the School of Electronic Information Engineering successively.

In December of 2016, College of Microelectronics was founded mainly based on the first-class disciplines of computer science and technologies from the School of Electronic Information Engineering. Department of Electronic Information Engineering and Department of Communication Engineering from School of Electronic Information Engineering was combined with Electrical and Electronic Laboratory Teaching Center and the School of Electrical Engineering and Automationand the School renamed as the School of Electrical and Information Engineering (School of Automation for short) with Chengshan Wang as the Dean.

 
 

Add: Weijin Road Campus: No. 92 Weijin Road, Nankai District, Tianjin       Zip: 300072 Tel: (022)27405477 E-mail: auto@tju.edu.cn

 Copyright © School of Electrical and Information Engineering , Tianjin University 津ICP备05004358号   津教备0316号