The Chinese Language Program of Tianjin University offers Chinese language courses of eight levels covering beginners and advanced learners. The curriculum of the program includes Speaking, Listening, Reading, Comprehensive Chinese, etc.
Students are arranged according to the results of Chinese placement test at the beginning of the semester. Class size is approximately fifteen students per class. The program delivers 4 academic hours per day, 20 class hours per week. In addition, elective courses such as Taichi, Martial Arts, Calligraphy, and Chinese Cuisine are also available. In spring 2016, there are 207 students from 37 countries studying Chinese at TJU.
Upon completion of the program students will receive a certificate and an official transcript. The program is normally one semester long, but students could apply for extension of their study period to at most four semesters in accumulation.
1. Chinese language Courses: Oral, Listening, Reading and Comprehensive Chinese
2. Chinese Cultural Courses (Optional): Taichi, Martial Arts, Calligraphy, Chinese Painting, Paper-cut, Chinese Cuisine, Chinese Song
3. Other courses (Optional): HSK Level 4-6, Business Chinese
4. Extra-curricular Activities: Tianjin city tour. Extra fees need to be paid for other travelling.
Application schedule for Chinese Language Programs
Fall-semester study: March 15 – June 15
Spring-semester study: September 15 – December 15
1. Application Form for Foreign Students Wishing to Study in Tianjin University, China;
2. Certificate of the highest diploma (original and notarized copies). The certificates which are not in English or Chinese version should be translated into English or Chinese version and also be notarized;
3. Notarized copy of academic transcript. The transcripts which are not in English or Chinese version should be translated into English or Chinese version and also be notarized;
4. Photocopy of passport (valid ordinary passports);
5. Certificate of Non-Criminal Record.